I wanted to try Khadi products for a while, so this time when changing my shampoo, I bought the Khadi Herbal Shampoo. Khadi is an Ayurvedic beauty care brand. Their products are ‘manufactured under the guidance of qualified ayurvedic doctors and made up of Herbal active ingredients which are formulated from organically grown pure plant extracts. Khadi Natural products are made to WHO , GMP and ISO standards and incorporate the principles of preservative recipe for everyday use’ ( quoted from Khadi Natural site.)
|Product name||Khadi Natural and Herbal Shampoo|
|Shelf Life||3 years|
|Shelf Life after opening||12 months|
|Price||INR 265 for 210ml|
|Where to Buy||Online- Amazon, Flipkart, also available in some stores|
This is a Herbal/Natural product and is free of SLS and paraben. Ingredients lists include Reetha, aloe vera, shikakai, amla, harad and baheda,
Directions to Use
Khadi Natural Shikakai shampoo- My experience
My Hair Type- Dry hair but oily scalp.
I used this shampoo for over three months. The liquid is kind of dark blue or black and has a good herbal fragrance. It lathers well and a little was enough for my shoulder length hair, so a bottle lasted for up to three months. I have dry hair, and I always oil it well before shower. With this shampoo, one wash was enough to remove all oil. but my hair felt a little dry later. So, if I hadn’t oiled, my hair would have become very dry I suppose. Would suggest a conditioner If you are using this shampoo, or oil your hair generously before washing.
I don’t believe that a shampoo can help reduce hair fall or increase volume, or reverse split ends because it is on your head for only a few minutes. Neither am I a fan of shampoos that give a glossy look to the hair, as it is mostly chemicals at work. However, I do believe that shampoos can cause split ends ( if it is too drying). I have based my review of the shampoo mostly on following factors.
- Does Khadi Herbal Shikakai Shampoo have harmful chemicals- No, the brand claims that this is a chemical free product
- Does Khadi Herbal Shikhakai Shampoo make hair dry/oily – It did make my hair a little dry and frizzy. Suggest oiling hair before shower or use a conditioner after.
- Was there increase in split ends- No, probably oiling hair helped.
- Was there any increase in hair fall – No, hair fall remained the same.
- Does it meet its claims of promoting hair growth or reducing hair fall- I didn’t see any changes in my hair fall, nor any increase in hair growth
Pros and Cons of Khadi Natural and Herbal Shikakai Shampoo
– Natural herbal shampoo, chemical free, No SLS or paraben
– good herbal fragrance
– cruelty-free, not tested on animals
– Did not have any negative effects like hair fall or split ends
– Pocket-friendly- Considering this is a herbal/natural product. One bottle lasted for up to three months.
– May not suit very dry hair
– lousy packing- not travel-friendly
I Found Khadi Natural and Herbal Reetha Shampoo to be an above average product. It does not have chemicals, and does not increase hair fall, and can be a used as a daily shampoo. It is also budget friendly. Although it made my hair dry initially, I now make sure to oil it well before washing, and also, do not rub the shampoo much, which helped. The Shampoo may suit oily hair well. I wouldn’t suggest this shampoo for special occasions where you want your hair to look glossy or styling is required, as it does not make hair bouncy or glossy or silky.